With the release of Snapchat’s latest update, you may have noticed a brand new effect in the selfie camera – Butterfly Lens. It gives your face an elegant butterfly shape, and you don’t need any second thoughts about getting it unlocked. Here is an easy step-by-step tutorial to guide you on how to unlock butterfly lens on Snapchat.
How to Unlock Butterfly Lens on Snapchat
You can unlock butterfly lens on your Snapchat account in two ways.
- On your phone, open Snapchat.
- To unlock the Snapchat lens on your device, use the Snapchat camera to view the snapcode image and hold your finger on the camera screen.
Another method to unlock butterfly lens on Snapchat is by using links. Lenses can usually be shared via URL. Follow the steps below to unlock a Lens from a Lens Link
- Please follow the link (Shared by a friend)
- You’d be prompted to unlock the lens if you were using Snapchat.
- If you were using Snapchat on your phone, it would automatically open and prompt you to unlock the Lens.
- If you were using a non-mobile device, the Snapcode would be displayed on a webpage.
By Lens Explorer/ Snapchat Studio
- Open Snapchat
- On the camera interface, tap the filter
- Swipe all filters to your right and click Explore lens
- Search butterfly lens and enable it
Snapchat can find thousands of filters, stickers, and lenses created by creative Snapchat users in the Snapchat Lens Studio. When you open the lens studio, you’ll see a carousel full of lenses, some of which have been hand-picked by Snapchat. You can save any of these snapcodes to your Snapchat app by scanning them.
How Snapchat Lens Works
Snapchat Lens is a feature that allows users to add special effects to their selfies or videos. These effects can be created using built-in filters or a third-party app called Giphy Cam. So how does it work?
Snapchat lenses are created using facial recognition technology. This means you must be in front of your phone to work properly. When you open the app and chat window, you will see a face icon at the bottom of your screen. This icon works as a “trigger” for the lens, and if you tap on it, it will activate the lens effect on your face. You can move around as much as you want while the filter stays in place until you exit the chat window.
Now that you know how to unlock the butterfly lens on Snapchat, you’ve got all of the Snapchat lenses covered.